Meanwhile, I have finally gotten the job hunt going in earnest and sent out a number of applications late Sunday night. I was beginning to get a little depressed the next day when I had not gotten any response when suddenly at 4:30 my cell phone rang for the first time. It turned out to be someone calling to arrange an interview about two of the more interesting positions I applied for. Even better, the meeting is to be at a local hotel's restaurant that is not only one of the nicest in Oxford but also happens to be less than 50 yards from where the bus will drop me off. I am taking it as a positive sign and hoping for the best. We will be meeting at 11:00 a.m. this friday, or 3:00 in the morning pacific time for those interested in such detail.
So in preparation I took my suit to the dry cleaners today and got another shock. That being a charge of nearly $40 to clean a suit and two dress shirts! I sure hope that any job requiring me to wear such things will also pay well. I finished up the outing by purchasing a nice mattress "topper", a linen basket and a dish drainer. All are a big help in the new place.
Tonight we took a nice walk out behind our place. It is amazing how rural and beautiful it is while also being so close to the city. A few pictures of the walk follow this post. The walk ended with us being locked into the park, shortly after the gates close at 7:00. We waited at the gate with half-a-dozen other people for around 10 minutes until a security guy came and let us out.
After the walk Holly made a fantastic spaghetti dinner finishing up with some of the best ice cream either of us has ever eaten. Strangely enough this particular stuff is called "frozen clotted cream," a name I doubt american retailers would be brave enough to use.
Anyway, on to the pics...


No comments:
Post a Comment