Friday, September 09, 2005

Saying goodbye to PERS


Today was my last day of work at PERS! It was sad to say goodbye to everyone. We had a going away lunch at Red Robin that was great fun. Once I got there, anyway. In true PPLAD fashion, my coworkers were so enthusiastic to get to lunch that no one remembered to bring me! Details, details. Poor David had to drive back to get me.

But I eventually got there, and over delicious burgers and fries I received the most amazing going-away gift - a memory book with photos and handwritten messages from all my coworkers, all with a very cute England theme! It meant so much to me. And they also hand-picked a Red Robin balloon in my wedding color. What a gang! I will miss them very much.

Back at work, I finally finished up my last project - a couple Board memos - and then set about the daunting task of making my office decent for my successor. David arrived at 5:00 and patiently waited and helped while I finished up. And then I was officially unemployed! Wahoo!

No comments: