
While shaking hands with the Archbishop was the highlight of the day, I thought I might ramble about a couple of other things from today (and this week). First of all, there was a fire downtown today right next to my beloved french cafe and nearly on top of Starbucks. Thankfully it looks as though the very well geared Oxford fire department got it under control quickly. I suspect the two just to the left of Holly in photo number two should be brought in for questioning.

Next, sometimes it really sucks not having a car. While Holly looks very happy with her new bus pass in photo number three, we are having to resort to creative methods to keep ourselves stocked with suitable quantities of Pepsi products. The suitcase was fairly clever and worked great right up until we arrived at Wolfson College and I proceeded to roll it over the very bumpy cobblestones in the entrance. Upon arrival at our room, there was a nice puddle in the bottom and a strange fizzing sound coming from one of the cans. I think this method was sound, but I will have to be more careful in the future.
We have also gotten to know the local cat a little better. He comes strolling along outside our patio on an almost daily basis. Upon opening the window to visit, the clever little devil immediately slipped in and made himself right at home. Very cute as long as you don't try and remove him at which point he got very cranky with Holly. We have named him Chubbs and are now very careful with the doors and windows. Strange to be keeping a cat out for once.Last but not least, my Friday interview got rescheduled for Monday evening. I was ready to go tomorrow and a little disappointed when I got the call, but I think all is well. Keep those fingers crossed.
No comments:
Post a Comment