Hope everyone had a nice Fourth! We had turkey burgers and watermelon, but the rest was a fairly British day - we watched Wimbledon on TV while it poured down rain outside. We're still suffering from taxation without representation anyway!
Mainly I wanted to post a quick note to say we're experiencing major technical difficulties with our internet, so I probably won't be blogging much over the next couple weeks. First we have to wait for a land line to be wired to our flat, which incredibly requires running a whole new wire down the street. The current estimate from our friends at British Telecom is that this will be done by July 17. Then it will take another five days after that for broadband internet to be installed.
In the meantime, David has done a great job of setting up some internet service over a sort of cell phone gadget, but sadly it only works half the time and seems to be affected by the weather. It has already gone out twice as write this - when it comes back I'll hit "publish" as quick as possible!
But other than that complication, we are enjoying our new place and the quiet of the countryside. Yesterday evening, David walked across the street to a field where he breathed fresh air, watched the wind in the trees, saw the tower of Cuddesdon church high on the hill and heard the bells of Great Milton church ringing behind him. He also walked into nettles, which are everywhere, but said it was worth it! I am getting a lot of web work done and enjoying it as ever, and during breaks I can look out the window at the chickens.
Tomorrow morning we are driving into Oxford to check the mail at Wolfson and check my exam results! Very exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment