The full lunar eclipse tonight was really cool! It's the first one I can remember ever watching, and it was also the first time I really tried to photograph the moon properly. Both experiences were very interesting. And I can't believe we actually had clear skies! The above photo is from 12:43am, towards the end of the eclipse.
We watched the first part - where the moon went from quarter white to all red - out by the Wolfson pond next to some daffodils. The ducks were quacking, other people were out with their cameras and tripods, and it was just such a cool time. Figuratively and literally - brrr!! Our tripod is so short that I had to sit on a piece of cardboard on the grass. Here are the highlights.
10:13 (by David with no tripod!) and 10:50pm (almost full eclipse):
12:37 and 1:01am.
There is a group of photos of the lunar eclipse by other people in Europe here on Flickr.
No comments:
Post a Comment