Friday, February 16, 2007

The Dissertation and Valentine's Day

I'm proud to announce that I have started writing my dissertation, wahoo! The research is the hardest and longest part and I'm still not done with that, but I've now gathered enough info on a few topics to start drafting. It feels good to have a word count, which for the record is now 2,520. Only 27,480 words to go! It is giving me happy flashbacks of Edinburgh, when I used to write home regularly (on a big old monitor in the basement computer room - ew!) with my latest word count.

I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day. Neither of us puts too much stock in it so we didn't do anything real exciting. But we did exchange cards and David got me some fantastic Swiss chocolate truffles shaped like roses from M&S, which were divine. We had a decent homecooked dinner and watched '24' - terrorists, nuclear bombs, and torture are always a romantic choice.

But this weekend we're celebrating better, with a weekend away in London. We've been meaning to go back for a long time, and Valentine's Day makes an excellent excuse. David booked us a night at the Park City Hotel, which is in the posh area of Chelsea and Kensington and looks wonderful. We mainly plan to hit some museums - there is still so much to see in the British Museum, including lots of stuff from Ephesus! - maybe see a movie in Leicester Square, get some goodies at Muji, and whatever else takes our fancy. I'm really looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Forgive me for not knowing, but what is your dissertation going to be about?