We haven't done anything too exciting in the last few days, although I do have a few pictures to post from our local wanderings. I'll do that tomorrow, but tonight we're busy getting David ready for his trip to London. I had originally planned to go along, but after much him-hawing and nail-biting I've decided at the last minute to stay behind.
Since it's only for a few days and a lot of it will be spent visiting Ron's friends and family and going to the concert, we realized it doesn't actually make a lot of sense for me to go. Instead I can get some website work done at home, which I've neglected for several weeks now. It will be really rough being without David for four days, though!! :( We've only ever been apart for one night before.
So, tomorrow morning David will retrace most of the route that got us here. He'll drive our Toyota to Dunkerque in France (3.5 hours) then take the car ferry to Dover (2 hours), where he'll stay the night. Saturday morning he'll drive to a city south of London to return the car, then take a train to Heathrow to meet Ron's flight. They will stay with a family friend of Ron's on the SW outskirts of London, in a town called Tooting! I kid you not!
The Led Zeppelin concert is on Monday night. On Tuesday Ron will fly back to San Diego and David will fly to Cologne/Bonn Airport, which takes 1 hour 20 minutes and costs only $80! David doesn't like flying much more than I do (and I really don't like it), but all the ground routes take all day and cost hundreds of dollars. He will probably pick up a new rental car from the airport - with the steering wheel on the proper side! - then make the short drive home.
So, more from me tomorrow, when I have nothing but the blog to keep me company... sniff.
No comments:
Post a Comment