As mentioned previously, we will start with 3 nights in Dublin (at the Waterloo House, should you need to find us). Some have understandingly written to advise that this is too long - but actually we will only be in Dublin for one full day.
Our ferry from England will arrive around 5pm Saturday, so we'll just have time enough for dinner, settling in, and an evening wander around the city. Sunday we'll see all the Dublin sights and relax at all those great pubs and cafes.
Monday we'll drive north out of the city to see the ancient tomb of Newgrange, the 9th-century carved crosses at Monasterboice, and maybe a castle or two. Then back to Dublin for dinner and sleep, leaving after breakfast Tuesday morning to head south.
Here's hoping we see the sun at some point during our trip! It has been gray and rainy here all week. As usual, I harbor hopes of blogging from the road, but that will depend on internet access and energy levels at the end of long days of sightseeing.
In other news, I've updated the sidebar of this blog to include some new sections I thought might be useful. Now you can find old posts not only by date but also by travel destination and by topic. I've also added our current contact information, along with a nifty little clock showing the time where we are.
Have a good weekend!
1 comment:
sounds fabulous.
pictures, please :)
Post a Comment