Dear Holly,
This is to let you know that you should soon be receiving your examination timetable for the MPhil (Theology).
It seems most likely that the Historiography examination (The Nature and Practice of Ecclesiastical History) will take place on Thursday June 14 from 2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. The council of Chalcedon Paper will most likely take place on Friday 15 June from 09:30 – 12:30.
Two copies of each of your thesis and essays must be handed in at the Examination Schools, addressed to the Chairman of Examiners for the the MPhil (Theology) by Thursday 31 May. The title page of the essays and the dissertation should not bear your name, but only your candidate number.
The MPhil viva will take place on Friday 29 June.
You will be hearing from the Chair of Examiners shortly, and should receive a timetable form the examination schools. However, I thought it might be helpful to have these dates as far in advance as possible.
I propose to offer a revision class for the historiography paper on the morning of Thursday 31 May, and would suggest 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Could you let me know if that would be a) helpful and b) possible?
With all best wishes
Charlotte
****************************
Dr Charlotte Methuen, Departmental Lecturer in Ecclesiastical History
For those who don't know, June 29 is my 30th birthday! We were thinking maybe a trip to Paris or Ireland... but I suppose an MPhil viva will be an even more memorable way to celebrate! A "viva" is a verbal defense of my 30,000-word dissertation before a panel of examiners. I'm pretty sure it's as scary as it sounds.
As you can see, I'd better get back to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment