A break in the Rome photo albums to report a couple bits of good news. First, I'm happy to say that I finally received a "We are pleased to inform you" letter in the mail! I was successful in my application for the college bursary I applied for a few months ago, but just for one term. What it means is that I won't have to pay for college fees for the Fall (aka Michaelmas) term, which amounts to a discount of about £650. It's not a huge amount compared to the hulking university fees, but I'll take it!
My giant tuition payment for 2006-07 is due on September 1 and it is looming! Despite the good news on the bursary, a quick tally revealed that I'm not as close as I'd hoped to my goal of not taking out such a huge loan this year. This is because of much reduced website earnings over the summer, I think because school's out.
So, I'm working extra hard on developing the websites (mainly Sacred Destinations, mainly Rome of course!) and also doing a bit of promotion to try to increase the number of visitors. This afternoon I wrote to a biggie: PBS Religion & Ethics Newsweekly, which is an excellent TV program with an accompanying website. I told them about both of my websites and suggested them for consideration for their "Featured Sites" page.
And already tonight I got a reply thanking me for the good suggestions and saying they had been added! YAY!! And they put them in at the top of the page, which is the best I could hope for. I really hope I might get some extra visitors from being up there. You can see 'em here:
Religion & Ethics Newsweekly Featured Sites
So here's hoping for a banner month of website visitors in August...
And in other news, it's still hot.
No comments:
Post a Comment