Sunday, December 19, 2010

Wading Through the Photos

There isn't much to report now that we're all back home, but here's a brief update on my post-trip activities anyway. First, I now have a grand total of how many photos I came home with! Are you ready? The total number of photos taken by me, David and Sarah during the trip is: nearly 37,000. Holy moly!

I spent my first week at home mostly unpacking, relaxing and enjoying the things I missed most about home: David, the cat, my comfy chair in the living room, my desktop computer, the bathtub, Chipotle, Bugatti's, Burgerville, and the movie theater. I had to take care of e-mails and other pressing work things daily, but otherwise mostly took it easy. Good times!

And then I got back to work full time, which primarily means starting the major task of processing the photos from the trip. "Processing" means organizing, sorting, researching, captioning, keywording, editing in Photoshop, and uploading, and will take approximately forever. (I still haven't finished processing our photos from the 2008 trip!) Not all 37,000 photos are keepers, of course, but I do have to look through them all and will probably process about half of them eventually.

So far, I've uploaded about 100 photos from Scotland, if you'd like to check them out.

http://www.sacreddestinationsimages.com/galleries?country=Scotland

At the same time, I'm researching and writing new articles on the places we visited. It's all a slow process and a lot of work for what seems like minor results, but thankfully I still enjoy it. The traveling part was really fun, but working in my cozy office sure beats standing on a freezing train platform!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo: I am so glad you are keeping your blog up. Very nice to look at. David, I will have to stop by and chat some time. I am retiring and will have time to pop some caps in Crane, etc.

Later,
Genius G.