Saturday, March 25, 2006

FA Cup

Hello, it's David here. I apologize for my lack of participation on the blog lately. The grey weather and routine of work have left me feeling a little blah. Really looking forward to spring, warmer weather, and all of the flowers and green leaves that will come with it. And of course, being able to wear shorts once again without appearing to be a complete weirdo.

Speaking of work, things have been going well at O2. I have been working on projects for a different manager and have really enjoyed it. He is much more proactive and easier to understand then my hiring manager. It has kept me busier then usual and the days go by quickly.

O2 also brought in a fun surprise a couple of weeks ago. It is the FA cup that the O2-sponsored football (soccer) team, Arsenal, won last year. This cup is the equivalent to the Superbowl trophy in the US and has a much longer history. You can read all about it here.

To my surprise they actually let me hold on to it for a photo (although not allowed to lift it off the stand). I got quite a kick out of it! I hear that it is valuable as well, but managed to fight the urge to run out the door with it.

No comments: