Just a quick post to announce that I have completed my first day of work in the UK. I took a temporary job working for Nestle at their UK bottled water headquarters called PowWow Water. The work is not glamorous but the experience (and money) is a good thing and I am very happy that it is here in Oxford. This morning was a "working inteview" which is new to me but really does make sense. One other new thing to me is that the temp agency offers 21 paid vacation/holiday days per year, an unheard of practice with temp agencies at home! Meanwhile, I am still pursuing three other very appealing jobs and am hoping for the best.
Tonight we celebrated by going out to a fun dinner at Cibo's, an authentic Italian restaurant just down the road from us. It came highly recommended by Brendalee and certainly did not disappoint. After all the excitement of the day I am worn out and off to bed. Will post more details as things progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment